Blackwater / Xe / IDS / Academi - R2

Dedicado a las compañias privadas de servicios militares, seguridad e inteligencia.
Loopster
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Loopster »

Blackwater en misión de rescate en Kenia...
Mlive.com escribió:With Blackwater's help, aid workers flee Kenya
Posted by jcranson January 06, 2008 21:42PM

As Masai warriors guarded the Kenyan orphanage where sisters Brittanie and Aubrie Vander Mey and friend Jamie Cook worked, the three wondered how they would make it back to West Michigan.

They had planned to spend two months caring for orphans affected by HIV or AIDS at the Omwabini Centre in Kimilili, but post-election violence cut short their stay.

Newscasts told them the violence was coming closer each day to the orphanage, about 180 miles from Nairobi and 45 miles from Eldoret, where 35 people died when a church filled with women and children was burned last week.

Today, the women - Aubrie, 19, Jamie, 20, and Brittanie, 21 - were to return to Grand Rapids after a weekend rescue, reportedly with the help of Blackwater Worldwide personnel.

Dean Vander Mey, of Byron Township, Brittanie and Aubrie's father, said he credits their return to God's intervention and the private security firm.

"My daughter (Brittanie) told me today, 'Every town around us has been ripped apart,'" he said. "Their little town was the only safe town. ... I have to attribute (their safety) to the Lord."

Vander Mey said he learned of the conflict Dec. 28. He was enjoying a quiet weekend in his cottage up north when Brittanie called.

"She said, 'I'm OK,' and I asked, 'What are you talking about?'" he recalled. "'Haven't you heard the news?' she told me."

He learned of buses being stopped by militias, of corpses appearing on roadsides, of hundreds of Kenyans fleeing west, of stopped aid caravans, of the burned church, of the ethnic slayings.

The violence followed Dec. 27 elections. Kenya's electoral commission said President Mwai Kibaki had won the vote, but opposition leader Raila Odinga claims the election was rigged. International observers have said it was flawed.

The turmoil has left 486 dead and more than 75,000 people homeless, according to government figures.

"We didn't really realize the severity," Vander Mey said. "Then, I started to see how much mayhem was beginning to happen, and then it got very scary.

"They were right there, in the middle of that."

He also learned escape by car wasn't an option for the women, as militias made sure no one took the two-hour ride to Nairobi.

He pleaded for more safety personnel to be sent to guard the orphanage, but the young women were becoming increasingly nervous.

"They were scared, and I said, 'Honey, I don't know what to do.'" he said.

Vander Mey said he started calling government officials, congressmen -- whomever he could think of to get his daughters and their friend home.

"I was not getting whole lot of answers," he said. "They said, 'Stay safe; don't move.' I wasn't satisfied with the 'stay put.' That's what they were telling us: 'You're in harm's way, but don't move.'"

Hiring a helicopter wasn't an option. Vander Mey said he was told it would $20,000 to rent one for 30 minutes, and news stations and the Red Cross had already rented most of those available.

Vander Mey said he recalled relatives were friends with the family of Blackwater founder and Holland native Erik Prince and decided to give the company a call.

"They had internal contacts and everything," Vander Mey said. "They had people who could help."

He said Blackwater lined up a 10-person plane, rescued the women and other international workers and flew them to Nairobi. The three women then began the trip to Grand Rapids on Sunday afternoon.

Uganda -- not Kenya -- had been his daughters' first destination choice, Vander Mey said.

"I said, 'No, Uganda is not safe enough,'" he said. "I thought Kenya was much more stable. Nothing like this has happened there; it was a very safe place."

But he's not complaining.

"It's been a nightmare and a miracle," Vander Mey said.

-- The Associated Press contributed to this report

Según la familia, consiguieron mover los hilos necesarios para pedirle a Erik Prince que enviara un equipo de rescate, y aparecen 10 contratistas en un avión (¿de dónde saldría?) que entran y salen de Kenia como si nada (que por lo que me contó en su día alguien que dedicó muchos años a esa vida, es bastante fácil si "se tiene permiso de arriba"). Por lo que dice el texto, Blackwater ya tenía contactos en Kenia, que supongo los manejaba Total Intel Solutions, y no tenía que depender de que hubiera aeronaves en alquiler disponibles... muy curioso, un 212 o algún helo grande, en medio de Kenia y con un breve tiempo de respuesta, interesante.

No me extraña que a Prince le comparen con Batman, multimillonario de día, operaciones clandestinas de noche :wink:

Mapa para orientarnos:

Imagen
Cry havoc and unleash the hawgs of war - Otatsiihtaissiiststakio piksi makamo ta psswia
Loopster
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Loopster »

http://www.mlive.com/cgi-bin/prxy/photo ... eturn1.jpg

Las tres chicas rescatadas (Brittanie Vander Mey, Aubrey Vander Mey y Jamie Cook, de 21, 19 y 20 años) agradeciendo el rescate al VicePresidente de BW Worlwide, Martin Strong (antiguo SEAL).

Viajaron 40m por carretera desde el orfanato hasta el avión... curioso curioso, esas "bases de contingencia" que hay alrededor de Somalia puede que tengan algo que ver, así como cierto contrato para entrenamiento contrainsurgente que está llevándose a cabo en Kenia :wink:

PD: Viendo las fotos... ¿qué coño hacian 3 pijitas de veinte recién cumplidos en la frontera entre Uganda y Kenia? ya son ganas de acabar muerta a machetazos, ya pueden ir dando las gracias estas tres de que el padre de las hermanas tuviera enchufe con la familia de Prince, porque de lo contrario lo mismo no lo cuentan.
Cry havoc and unleash the hawgs of war - Otatsiihtaissiiststakio piksi makamo ta psswia
abuelo
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por abuelo »

Buenas tardes.

Loopster podrias informarnos mas detalladamente como se realizo la operacion de rescate en Kenis? gracias.
Loopster
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Loopster »

No hay muchos más datos de los ya publicados en prensa.

* Blackwater Worldwide contaba con hombres en Kenia desde hacía bastante tiempo.

* Los medios empleados en la evacuación como coches, SUVs, aviones, instalaciones C4i,... eran todos de Blackwater, no tuvieron que subcontratar o pedir prestado.

* La operación se siguió en tiempo real desde la sede de Moyock, las oficinas de McLean y "otros sitios".

* Se evacuó a todo el personal del orfanato, no solo a las tres rubias. Los ciudadanos keniatas y los huérfanos fueron puestos a salvo y fueron recogidos por miembros de su iglesia/asociación (los que llevaban el orfanato y un centro sobre salud en Kimilili y otras aldeas del Este de Kenia) en Nairobi.

* En algunos círculos se habla del primer éxito de la política "50% Armed Forces - 50% Private Contractors" del AFRICOM.

Eso es to... eso es to... eso es todo amigos (por ahora :P )
Loopster
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Loopster »

Versión 6x6 del Grizzly, peso de 20tn y no se les ocurre a otro para probarlo en zonas de dunas y playa que a un campeón de Monster Trucks :roll:

Imagen

Imagen

A diferencia de en los 4x4 en estos no veo troneras, pero si lo que parecen muchos soportes de antenas... ¿vehículo de mando? ¿nuevos requerimientos del pedido que hizo el SOCOM?

Y nueva imagen del dirigible a control remoto, en algún lado he leido que se está probando el usarlo como "baúl", llevando en su interior cajas de munición, armas especializadas, radios, GVNs,... para tenerlos a disposición de algún equipo que pueda solicitar un reavituallamiento discreto.

Imagen

Saludos
jesus_taax
Confidente
Confidente

Mensaje por jesus_taax »

Hola:
Cuanto peso (comida, municion, agua...)seria conveniente llevar en un posible UAV para algun equipo que este desplegado.
Es que estoy diseñando un UAV para una asignatura y se me ocurrio hacer una version para este tipo de cosas... y con una estimacion de peso y un poco de tiempo libre podria rediseñar ciertas cosillas al efecto.
Salu2
jesus
Esteban
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Esteban »

Calcula unos 8 litros hombre/día en clima árido, unos 2 kg/h día en raciones y luego tendrías que ver qué tienen de necesidades de munición, medicinas, y baterías de equipos de comunicaciones. Si usan vehículos, posibles combustibles y lubricantes. Todo ello con las medidas en m3 y el peso para configurar la carga del UAV.
La necesidad permite lo prohibido.
fer
Curioso
Curioso

Mensaje por fer »

nose como andara de blindaje pero la verdad que a mi entender un dirigible lo veo un poco peligroso
¿Qué es la libertad? No tener miedo a nada
Loopster
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Loopster »

Es que no va a haber nadie en el dirigible, la idea es llevar sistemas de vigilancia como un UAV :wink:
Loopster
Jefe de Operaciones
Jefe de Operaciones

Mensaje por Loopster »

El Grizzly 6x6 se denomina Grizzly Mk.III
Asociación Alumni escribió:The Latest Grizzly Variant is Tested on OBX Dunes
By Eric R. Poole

“ I know a place,” says famed Grave Digger creator, owner and driver Dennis Anderson. “We’re going to go out to a place I call ’Little Africa’ on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We can run along the beach and climb a bunch of dunes with this thing.”

A monster truck driver since 1981, Dennis and his many ‘Grave Diggers’ have a lot in common with Blackwater’s Grizzly. Although the Grizzly doesn’t look much like a Grave Digger monster truck, it does share commonalities that makes this experience special. The first of each were created in an old garage with a lot of trial and error. Anderson pieced together his early monster trucks from discarded vehicles and testing ideas on making a vehicle of large proportions more dynamic. The first Grizzly prototypes were built on Ford, Chevy and bus chassis, none providing the right solution. Both the Grizzly and the Grave Digger feature
center drive, meaning that Dennis feels right at home while crushing everything in his path.

In a recent visit, Anderson brought a film crew from Monster Jam and toured the manufacturing plant at Blackwater’s headquarters in Moyock, N.C. It wasn’t long before he jumped inside to get familiar with the 20-ton armored personnel carrier. “Hop inside and let’s go!” A few Blackwater manufacturing employees came along for the ride and was shocked as to how quickly he became comfortable driving it. Once peeling out of facility, he ended up pushing the latest six-wheeled version of Blackwater’s Grizzly along the highway at speed until reaching the outer banks.

“You can’t drive that car where we’re going, you better climb into the Grizzly,” he says to those of us who followed in a mid-size car. We drove out onto the beach where he pushed the Grizzly along the sand at more than 55 miles-per-hour. “We’ve got about 10 more miles and it’s going to get thick. A lot of trucks get stuck out here.” We stopped and dropped the tire pressure down to 25 pounds for traction in the dunes. With more than 40,000 pounds resting on six tires, Blackwater engineers were excited to see that the Grizzly never bogged down.

Upon arrival to the northern part of the outer banks, we had already witnessed the Grizzly manage rigorous driving through sand and mud. Anderson wasn’t afraid to push this vehicle up steep and unsteady inclines or along the water. “Alright get out and be prepared to take some pictures of the Grizzly on the other side of that dune,” Dennis says as he points of in the distance.

We piled over and stood off the road with our cameras ready. What was once a quiet moment of ocean air coming in off a calm breeze was nterrupted by the sounds of a diesel engine being throttled. Showing its underbelly, someone next to me exclaimed, “Look at that! He’s almost got both front wheels off the ground!” The evening fell on a long afternoon watching Anderson drive the Grizzly like a monster truck. It seemed as though he was a kid with a new toy as he crashed over trees and bushes and jumped from one dune to another. He’s known for awe-inspiring free-style jumps and crashes. Watching him pound the Grizzly caused me to wonder if he treated every vehicle he owns this way.

Before handing the keys back to Blackwater, he concluded “That’s about as much fun as someone in my business can have.” From Blackwater Manufacturing’s perspective, “The Grizzly has never been driven that way.”

To survive a day with the Grave Digger, it only makes sense that a vehicle is built as tough as the Blackwater Grizzly.
Dennis Anderson es miembro del equipo de ingenieria de Blackwater, ha diseñado las suspensiones de los prototipos del Grizzly y los modelos actuales (Mk.II y Mk.III).

Y aquí fue donde llevaron a esa mole de 20 toneladas, pues tiene un aire a Torregorda y Camposoto.

Imagen
Responder

Volver a “Private Military Companies, PMCs”